Gluten-free, vegan & raw! This delicious salad is hearty enough for a main dish, and can also work as a side.
All the herbs & veggies (except the edamame) came either from my garden or my fantastic CSA pickup with Farm Chicks Produce.
Next time I make this, I'll amp up the beauty factor by shredding the carrots in my food processor or cutting the veggies with a spiralizer.
Due to the dressing and the cut cucumbers, it's best eaten the day it's made.
- 2 large cucumbers Julienned (inner cores omitted)
- 2 large carrots, cut with peeler or spiralized
- 1 tsp kosher or himalyan salt
- 8 mini or 1 regular size red pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen edamame, thawed and drained
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 TBSP cilantro, chopped
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar
- 2 TBSP gluten free tamari (or GF soy sauce, or coconut aminos)
- 2 TBSP grated ginger
- 1/2 TBSP maple syrup
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- Julienne cucumbers and place in colander. Toss with salt and allow to drain in sink for at least 15 minutes.
- Prepare dressing by combining all ingredients
- In a separate large bowl, mix prepared carrots, peppers, edamame
- Transfer cucumbers to a clean dish towel and pat dry. Mix them in veggie bowl.
- Toss veggies with 2-3 TBSP of the dressing, or to desired coating. (the recipe will make more - don't dump the whole thing in!)
- Top with sesame seeds, onions, and cilantro