Boxed jello is filled with all kinds of additives and artificial coloring, and does not contain the beneficial type of gelatin. The kicker is that homemade jello is *almost* as easy to make!
- 1 cup juice (I used organic pomegranate)
- 1 cup cup fresh or frozen fruit (I used fresh organic strawberries)
- 1-2 tbsp honey (or sweetener of choice), optional
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon or lime
- 2-3 tablespoon grass fed gelatin (it's important to use this kind)
- Liquefy fruit, citrus juice and sweetener (if using) in a blender
- Measure out 1 cup of blend into a medium bowl. (you can use any remaining in a smoothie - or just drink it out of the blender!)
- Top blend in the bowl with layer of gelatin powder
- Bring juice to a boil, and slowly whisk into bowl.
- Pour into dish, mold, etc. chill for at least 2 hours.
Do you have any great ideas to get more gelatin into the daily diet? Please share below!