Here is a refreshing summer drink perfect or picnics or enjoying with a book.
Green tea is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body, including improved brain function, fat loss, a lower risk of cancer and many other incredible benefits.
In the rainbow of foods, purple is the one most often overlooked. Purple foods, like blueberries, are super-rich in antioxidants - essential to optimizing health by helping to combat the free radicals that can damage cellular structures as well as DNA.
- Combine berries, 1 cup water, and sweetener in medium pan. Bring to boiling, reduce to simmer for 15 minutes
- While berries simmer, bring 2 cups water to boiling. Remove from heat and steep tea bags while prepping berries
- Allow berries to cool a smidgen, then pour through fine metal sieve forcing through what will go through with back of wooden spoon. Dispose of solids
- Add lemon juice to berry syrup, remove tea bags and dispose.
- Combine remaining 6 cups water, tea, and berry syrup.
- Refrigerate, serve over ice. Consume within 7 days (it may need a stir after sitting)